Tuesday, May 13, 2008

'God' speaks about wanting a new name

When I wrote last week about Steve Kreuscher, the man from Zion who wants to legally change his name to "In God We Trust," I cross-posted the article at the CT Liveblog. I was just checking comments there, and I saw that awaiting approval was one from Kreuscher.
The following is the whole reasoning behind me wanting to change my name to "In God We Trust; So that You know the whole truth about why I am doing it and see that I am more down to earth, then you probably thought at first.

"I have been a very creative artist since 1967. I have been searching for a new powerful and meaningful signature for my artwork, for the last 10 years. I was looking for a signature, which would best express my charactor of "Trust In God", my life of "Trust In God" and most of my artworks, which faithfully express my "Trust In God" also.

"Being born and raised in Zion Illinois, the city which the world renown faith healer, Dr. John Alexander Dowie, founded in 1900, I had a stong "Trust In God" since childhood. But then at 23 years old, I had a very dramatic spiritual experience and full whole hearted conversion to Christ, in October 1973, which is also the title of one of my very important works; "October 1973, My Conversion". Most of my artworks since my conversion, are very deeply religious. Being very religious, those artworks faithfully express my "Trust In God". Also many of those artworks express powerful stories about many tribulations that I went through in my life and how God used those trials to develope and increase that "Trust In Him" to where it is today.

"Therefore, changing my name to "In God We Trust" is my newest creative artwork; painted not with paint, but instead with those beautiful, powerful and meaningful words, on the canvas of my life. Those words "In God We Trust" most truely and most faithfully express me and who I am, in a beautiful creative word painting, a million times better, than the name Steve Kreuscher does.

"Those beautiful words are now the person, who God has made me into, by "the free riches of His power and His grace, In Christ Jesus" , my Lord and Savior

"And finally, by taking those precious words as my new name, I am joining those beautiful words, which are so dear to me, in a permanent way, to myself, preserving them for myself as part of me for ever."

Needless to say, My four children, my five grandchildren and myself need all the prayers and support that you can give us, for God's Divine protection, wisdom, strength and any thing else that God knows we will need through this all, and especially on Friday the 13th of June. I would love to see June 13th to be made into the offical "In God We Trust" day here in America. And last of all, my hopes and prayers are that Christians, all over America and all over the world, on that day figure out some creative, loving, peaceful way to take there own little personal stand for "In God We Trust" on that day.

All my love "In Christ Jesus, our Lord and Savior"; Steve Kreuscher ( In God We Trust )
Kreuscher had me for a minute. Sort of. And then he mentioned Friday the 13th.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If your going head first to the Great White Throne Judgment, then why not go all the way?
He should go for... "I AM WHO I AM"

That way he can use "JEHOVAH" as a nickname, or if he is feeling a little saucy, he can bust out with a "YHWH" to keep the Jewish folks in check.

By the way Brad... You forgot to capitalize the direct reference to him at the beginning & end of your post... They should have read:

..."wants to legally change His name..."

and...

..."And then He mentioned..."

Tsk, tsk, tsk... I thought YOU knew better!

Brad A. Greenberg said...

Touché.

Juliius said...

Heh, that was a relatively lucid defense - I mean, for a guy who wants to change his name to "In God We Trust" ... I wonder if he has any suggested nicknames 'cause that's a mouth-full.

Brad A. Greenberg said...

Juliius,
I think it's "God" for short.

Anonymous said...

Brad said:

"I think it's "God" for short."

Dagnabbit, I forgot that one! Grrr....