Monday, April 14, 2008

Is Hillary God's choice for prez?

At the Democratic presidential forum last night, Sen. Hillary Clinton was asked a question quite comical when considering the event's host (Messiah College in Pennsylvania).
There was a moment of levity on Sunday night when Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton was asked at a nationally televised faith forum whether she believed "God wants you to be president?"

"Well, I could be glib and say we'll find out," Clinton said to laughter from the audience.

"But I -- I don't presume anything about God. I believe, you know, Abraham Lincoln was right in admonishing us not to act as though we knew God was on our side," she said.
I'm glad she opted for grace and didn't deem herself the next divinely appointed President of the United States of America. Don't get me wrong: There is no endorsement I'd rather have. It's just kind of frowned upon when you tell the populace that God spoke to you and said He had picked you to lead this nation.

No comments: