Sunday, February 24, 2008

Huckabee campaigns on SNL

"I'm not a math guy. I'm more of a miracle guy."

The words of Mike Huckabee a few minutes ago on "Saturday Night Live's" mock news show "Weekend Update." The former Arkansas governor was there to explain, in self-deprecating form, why he remains in the race for the Republican presidential nomination even though he'd still be trailing John McCain if he swept each and every remaining delegate.

"Mike Huckabee does not overstay his welcome," he said. "When it's time for me to go, I'll know. And I'll exit out with class and grace."

He then remained behind the anchors' desk, even after anchor Seth Meyers made it clear it was time to go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't see this episode but just watched it on youtube after reading this article that made it seem like he was a big fool on the show. However, after watching it I realized that he was just making fun of himself. Great sense of humor!!