Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Coen Brothers to adapt Chabon's "Yiddish Policemen"


I can't ask for much more than to have my two favorite screenwriters/directors adapting one of my favorite novels. The Coen Brothers, it was reported today, will be taking Michael Chabon's "The Yiddish Policemen's Union" to the silver screen.
According to Chabon, the Coen brothers have agreed to at least write the adaptation, once the writer's strike ends. (They made the deal pre-strike.)

"I am, of course, over the moon about this," Chabon said. "They are among my favorite living moviemakers. Three or four of their films are on my all-time favorite list. They are geniuses. What's more, I think they are perfectly suited to this material in every way, from its genre(s) to its tone to its content. I can't wait to see what they eventually do with it."
As we already know, the Coen Brothers can do a lot with crime capers set in frozen other worlds.

No comments: