Friday, August 24, 2007

'This is where the Jewish people are at'

It's weird watching the tides of content interest on the Web. For almost two months, a link I posted about the origin of UCLA's Undie Run as part of a comment on LAist.com got almost no clicks. In the past two days got more than 70.

Similarly, the discussion of my Q&A with The Forward on the paper's Website only had three comments the first week it was up. But yesterday there was a flurry of back and forth. This reaction from yehudis particularly caught my attention:
I actually cried reading this interview. This is where the Jewish people are at right now, and it is a very sad story from any angle you examine it.
When I write in birthday cards to my mom, I enjoy moving her to the point of tears (usually of joy). But I can't boast the same about yehudis' sentiment, which I think is related to this recent dialogue on Jewcy.

2 comments:

you know said...

the reason the comment is getting clicks now is because this week UCSB was ranked the #10 Best Party School and a blogpost from CNN/SI linked to that post saying "how can UCLA not get in the Top 10 with things like the Undie Run"

Unknown said...

LOL. Yeh my dad was referring to the party school status as well. Hey you know the yehudi statment, i think its not as bad as they make it out to be. You are exploring your roots and you are coming to terms with where you come from and who you are. So keep at at it buddy!