Friday, July 20, 2007

Cheney president for a day *


You may have noticed: I'm not a George Bush fan. I may be a Republican, but I don't agree with 68 percent of the Party that think he's doing swell or with Republican Jews who think his foreign policy is good for Israel.

But there is one thing I know that would be much worse than President Bush. And that is President Cheney.

Tomorrow, when Bush undergoes a colonoscopy, Cheney will assume the role of chief executive and commander in chief. Considering his assertions of executive power and his position on torture, I ask that we offer this prayer: "Our Father who art in heaven ... deliver us from evil."

* Updated: Recommendations on National Review Online for what Cheney should spend his presidency doing. No. 1 the list: Bomb Iran.

No comments: