Monday, July 30, 2007

Armageddon, Simpsons style


That's me on the right, inspired by the "Simpsons" movie. I saw it Friday night, and found it funnier than any combination of episodes I can remember.

As usual, religion and morality are strong undercurrents in the latest Simpsons snafu. Marge has a minor crisis of faith, Homer goes on another hallucinogenic spiritual journey and Grandpa ends up rolling around the church floor screaming "Twisted tail, a thousand eyes, trapped forever! EPA! EPA!"

1 comment:

Troy Masters said...

You got that right about the Simpsons - it was brilliant! I didn't have high hopes, with the quality of writing declining in recent years, but if you broke this movie into 4 episodes (about the equivalent timewise), all of those four episodes would be in the top tier of all-time Simpsons episodes. All I have left to say is this: both versions of the Spiderpig song better be on the soundtrack.