Monday, June 11, 2007

Paris Hilton finds God?


Barbara Walters received a collect call yesterday from Twin Towers prisoner Paris Hilton, who talked about, ehem, growing up (no mention was made of the temper tantrum she threw in court Friday) and wanting to get involved in charity work when she finishes her 45-day sentence for driving with a DUI-inflicted suspended license.

I'm not the same person I was. I used to act dumb. It was an act. I am 26 years old, and that act is no longer cute. It is not who I am, nor do I want to be that person for the young girls who looked up to me. I know now that I can make a difference, that I have the power to do that. I have been thinking that I want to do different things when I am out of here. I have become much more spiritual. God has given me this new chance.


My wife is in PR, and yesterday we talked Paris-damage-control strategy. The repentant sinner is, of course, a textbook response. Two weeks ago, it was Britney Spears going apoplectic.

No comments: