Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Biography of Luke Ford gets a buyer?

When I was researching for my profile of Luke Ford, I came across the Luke Ford Fan Blog, which has since been renamed "Horrid Boy TM Watch: Stopping Luke Ford Before He Betrays Again." I'm not sure who the site's author is; Luke has said its some guy he's never met who lives in Vancouver.

Anyway, Horrid Boy TM Watch reports today that its found a publisher for an "unauthorised biography of Horrid Boy™ tentatively titled Torah Weirdo: Sex, Religion and Luke Ford -- a reference to a quote about Luke that appeared in my profile of him.
The book will be published next spring by Verso Press -- well respected in the industry for distributing the works of leading intellectuals, such as Norman Finkelstein, Alexander Cockburn, Ho Chi Minh, Mao Zedong, Fidel Castro, and Rebecca Schoenkopf. A pretty impressive line-up, huh? I'm so proud!

Currently I'm finishing off the final chapters on Luke Ford's icky love life. I've spoken to some thirty victims of the Hairless Porker™. If you, your grandmother, or your pet wallaby has had sex with Mr Ford please contact me for an interview. There is still time for your story to be included in my book. Your anonymity will be respected if you so request; although, in the interest of authenticity, I would like to use your pet's real name if possible. Thank you.
Luke already has a self-published memoir on the market; I've emailed him to see if he thinks this post is for real.

* Luke responds: "Everything on that blog is a joke."

No comments: