Saturday, July 14, 2007

Can man sue God for his sins?


I have this uncomfortable feeling that I read this story in The Onion last month or remember it from some movie, but Faith Central says a Romanian paper is reporting that a man recently attempted to sue God for "fraud." It seems he believed he entered into a contract with God to be freed from sin when he was baptized. Here goes:
The Evenimuntul Zilei story is in Romanian, obviously, but so far our translation services reveal that Mircea Pavel (a convicted murderer) brought charges against “the defendant God, who lives in the heavens and is represented in Romania by the Orthodox Church ... At my christening, I made a deal with the defendant aimed at freeing me from evil. But the latter has not respected that agreement until now, although he received from me various assets and numerous prayers” Pavel wrote.

The court dismissed the case, ruling that “God is not subject to law and does not have an address."

No comments: